Sunday, April 10, 2011

Final Stop: Convergent Collision, The Himalayas!

I had such a great time in the studying the Red Sea, that I decided to stop one more place before I go home: The Himalayas. These mountains were created because India ran into Eurasia and the collision created the mountains.  This is because the shallow seabed folded in a built up to the mountains. Every year, the Himalayas get higher because of this.
Here is a picture of Convergent Collision:
Sadly, this is my last stop on this magnificent trip, but I do have something else to share with you! It's a google earth tour of the places that I went, it's a lot better to look at than a bunch of text. Also, don't forget to watch the videos that I posted.
Another thing: Since we all know what happened in Japan, we can all help out! text  REDCROSS to 90999 to donate 10 dollars (which will be added to your phone bill)


No comments:

Post a Comment